- To develop the knowledge and skills to climb safely outdoors
the course will cover
- Identifying hazards at outdoor climbing venues
- Bouldering and warming up
- Developing outdoor climbing techniques: smearing, mantelshelf, jamming etc.
- Belaying, holding falls and lowering
- Tips on looking after the outdoor climbing environment
- Equipment, guidebooks and grading systems
- We may also look briefly at building belays and abseiling
'Brilliant day guys. Thanks Andy for a fantastic session. What an awesome day!' 01/04/17
Dates, Times and Price
27 May, June 1st and August 7th / 10.00 - 16.00 / £55 and £45 for U18's
Northumberland (Alnwick area - venue TBC).
All specialist equipment provided but by all means bring your own if you have it. We have a range of climbing shoes in most sizes.