- To develop the knowledge and skills to set up top rope anchors at single pitch venues. We will aim to develop the skills to belay from the top and from the bottom of the crag.
the course will cover
- Identifying hazards at outdoor climbing venues
- Equipment and anchor selection
- Belaying from the top of the crag (using dynamic rope)
- Use of static rope to equalise loads and set up anchors to belay from the bottom of the crag
- We will do as much climbing as we can!
'I don't think I've absorbed so much information since learning children are delivered by storks. Amazing day. Such a great teacher!' 02/04/17
Dates, times and price
April 29th/ 10.00 – 16.00 / £55
Almscliffe Crag, Brimham Rocks or Scugdale in North Yorkshire
All specialist equipment provided but by all means bring your own if you have it. We have a range of climbing shoes in most sizes.